The winner between NZ and India is decided, here was our prediction
Come on and take a look at this old cricket predictions that we did on another partner site.
The Tale of the Teams
The home team always punch above their weight in limited overs this sport as can be seen from the fact that they have made it to the last of the last two ICC Cricket World Cups. However, it has been over 2 months since NZ last played a restricted overs match. We think that this might end up being a disadvantage in the T20 series.
India, on the other hand, have just come off the back of an impressive 2-1 ODI win versus Australia. What made this series win really impressive was the way that they bounced back since a huge defeat in the first game. They lost by 10 wickets, but then went on to win the next two by 36 runs and 7 wickets. We Suppose the fact that they have recent international limited overs cricket below their belts will be a big advantage.
New Zealand’s Cricketers to Look Out
- Kane Williamson: No matter which format of the game we are talking about, not many will disagree when we say that Williamson is one of the best player in the world at the moment. He might not hit the ball as far as some of his partners, but his quality allows him to find the gaps in the field.
- Martin Guptil: If there is one player that India like to see the back of quickly, it will be Guptil. If he is still out in the middle at the halfway stage, India will know they will be chasing a huge score.
- Tim Southee: He has been written off by many pundits recently, but there is no doubt in our mind that he still possesses quality. If he bowls as well as we know he can, the Indian batsman could have a struggle on their hands.
India’s Players to Look Out For
- Virat Kohli: Like Williamson, Kohli is great in any format of the game and is also one of the best players in the world at the moment. Whenever he comes out to bat, New Zealand will be thinking to send him back to the pavilion as early as possible. Failure to do so will spell trouble.
- Rohit Sharma: When it comes to form, Sharma has got to be one of the form players in the complete world. He scored 119 in the last ODI VS Australia and we are supporting him to cause destruction in this T20I series.
- Jasprit Bumrah: He is a proud bowler and one that the NZ batsmen will have to be wary. We think that his way of doing will help him pick up a quantity of wickets in the series.
This is Our Match Prediction
Although New Zealand play home advantage, we are supporting India to win this first match due to the momentum that they created in the ODI series wins against Australia this year.